Geometrical Quickies & Trickies
Bored by drill-and-kill geometry questions in your school textbook? Do you always feel ill-equipped to tackle those tricky questions in geometry?
Geometrical Quickies & Trickies may be the right place to broaden and deepen your visualization skills in solving geometry trick and tricky questions, commonly set in mathematics contests and competitions.
Not only you’ll be equipped with the problem-solving strategies and heuristics in solving non-routine geometry questions, but you’ll also be enriched with no fewer than 20 items of recreational geometry to enhance your appreciation with many hours of aha! moments.
Geometrical Quickies & Trickies would appeal primarily to these audiences:
* grades 6-9 students and teachers looking for some fertile trick and tricky geometry questions;
* mathletes preparing for local and regional contests and competitions;
* problem solvers longing to be challenged by geometry questions not normally discussed in the normal mathematics classroom.
To buy the e-book version of Geometrical Quickies & Trickies, click HERE for $9.99 ONLY!
Geometrical Quickies & Trickies is suitable for grades 6-9 problem solvers and mathletes, and for teachers and tutors who desire to challenge (or torture) their students mathematically. It contains over 200 non-routine geometry questions that may be used to separate the nerd of mathletes from the herd of drill-and-kill specialists.
1. What is a Circle?
2. Three Famous (or Notorious) Geometrical Problems
3. Non-Euclidean Geometry for Goondus
4. How Many Regions?
5. That Holy Little Geometry Book
6. Fun with Areas and Perimeters
7. Always a Parallelogram!
8. The Malfatti’s Problem
9. The Beauty of Pi
10. The Zero Option
11. The Golden Ratio by Paper Folding
12. The Ubiquity of Phi
13. Matchstick Mathematics
14. The Rolling Circle Question
15. Two Useful Circle Properties
16. Proving the Obvious
17. Sanguku—Japanese Temple Geometry
18. Applications of Pythagorean Theorem
19. Visualizing Infinity
20. Geometrical Idiosyncrasies
Bibliography & References
Type of e-book: Nonfiction, problem solving, recreational math, Singapore math, trick questions, geometry, enrichment math
Audiences: Suitable for Grades 6-8 (or Primary 6 – Secondary 2 levels)
Cost of e-book: $9.99
File format: PDF (10.6 MB zipped file)
Delivery: Via direct download from Order Confirmation e-mail
Product Queries: kcyan.mathplus(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com
You can buy the e-book version of Geometrical Quickies & Trickies from: ClickBank (click HERE) for $9.99 ONLY!
Sample chapter: The Rolling Circle Unit 14
For information about the Author.
On Amazon.com, a printed copy of Geometrical Quickies & Trickies is priced at US$12.90.
More e-books are on the way—look out for them!
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.