More Mathematical Quickies & Trickies
This long-awaited sequel of Mathematical Quickies & Trickles comes with many creative worked examples and questions, with cartoons sprinkled throughout the book to keep in line with the same irreverent and fun spirit of the previous book.
In addition to 300+ trick and tricky questions, More Mathematical Quickies & Trickles comes with more than 25 five-minute enrichment mathematics items, aimed at enhancing the mathematical problem-solving skills of problem solvers.
You won’t only be exposed to different problem-solving techniques, commonly used in answering math contests and competitions questions, but also learn to appreciate elegant or intuitive solutions.
More Mathematical Quickies & Trickies would appeal primarily to these audiences:
* grades 6-8 students and teachers looking for some fertile trick and tricky questions;
- mathletes preparing for local and regional contests and competitions;
* problem solvers longing to be challenged by questions whose obvious solutions are never the correct ones for what offhand appears to be true is false.
To buy the e-book version of More Mathematical Quickies & Trickies, click HERE for $9.99 ONLY!
1. Creative GST
2. Are You Calculator-Smart?
3. What Is the Easy Way?
4. The Magic of Three Consecutive Numbers
5. Twitter Math @MathPlus
6. What Is 27 x 37, Really?
7. Humanizing 1, 2, 3
8. A Mathophobia Kit
9. WITs: 13 Ways to Attain Mathematical Excellence
10. Facebook Math: Numeracy vs. Literacy
11. Thou Shalt Not Divide By Zero
12. Math Jokes to Relieve Stress
13. Look-see Proofs
14. Some PhD Math Questions
15. Mathematical Prayers
16. The Largest Product
17. What’s Wrong?: A Comedy of Mathematical Errors
18. The Aha! Myth
19. Sam Loyd’s Toughies
20. The Tuesday Boy Problem
21. What Is 1 + 1, Really?
22. In Love with Cryptarithms
23. Mathematical Kiasuism
24. The Mathemagic of 142857
25. The Lighter Side of Singapore Math
26. K C Yan’s Laws & Lores
27 Flee and Free from the FREE
Bibliography & References
Type of e-book: Nonfiction, problem solving, recreational, Singapore math, trick questions
Audiences: Suitable for Grades 6-8 (or Primary 6 – Secondary 2 levels)
Cost of e-book: $9.99
File format: PDF (16.4 MB zipped file)
Delivery: Via direct download from Order Confirmation e-mail
Product Queries: kcyan.mathplus(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com
You can buy the e-book version of More Mathematical Quickies & Trickies from: ClickBank (click HERE) for $9.99 ONLY!
Sample chapter: Mathematical Jokes ch12_more_quckiest
On Amazon.com, a printed copy of More Mathematical Quickies & Trickies is priced at US$12.90.
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.